Access Control Solution for Top Research University in Tokyo
This University is a research university located in Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan. The university has 10 faculties with a total of around 30,000 students, 2,100 of whom are foreign. Its five campuses are in Hongō, Komaba, Kashiwa, Shirokane and Nakano. It is the top of Japan’s National Seven Universities.
– End User: The university research institute in Tokyo
– Project Site: Tokyo, Japan
– Project Requirements: Specific Permission and Duration of Access
The university has more than 60 laboratories. To safeguard the laboratory security and manage personnel access, the university needs a biometric recognition-based access control system. Different access permission need to be set for different laboratories. It also requires to be enabled to set specific permission and duration of access, as laboratory are only opened in some time ranges. Different verification modes are also required for different laboratories.
One-Click Emergent Mode to Open Door
As danger and accidents are part of the nature of laboratory work, a reliable and safe instant exit is crucial. All doors can be remotely opened in one-click mode in case of emergencies.
Monthly Report and monitoring Real-time
Our client also requires to obtain monthly access reports, all access records for laboratories can also be viewed in real-time.
One-Click Emergent Mode to Open Door
University Laboratories in Tokyo Access Control Management
Our client is a top-class university and is renowned of its outstanding academic and research ability in Tokyo Japan. The institute
owns 65 laboratories in total with more than 300 research staffs and professionals, which are mainly for high-end scientific research
& development and technological innovations.
These laboratories have been partnered and working closely alongside governmental and commercial organizations, thus contain highly confidential information and high-value unreleased experiment data, and may even be related to national safety.
– End User: 65 Laboratories of a Top-class University in Tokyo
– Project Site: Top-class University in Tokyo
– Project Requirements:
Having so much highly confidential information, these laboratories requires extra-high security level of access control. Here are the special requirements:
Different Access Control Authorities for Different Laboratories
As mentioned, there are as many as 65 laboratories the University owns with different purposes, undergoing projects and research, and academic staffs in charge of. Thus, each laboratory requires a specific authority of access with every staff’s access authority customized.
Multi -Biometric Verification
Conventional verification methods including password and card could hardly verify the authenticity of the password or card holders’ identities. Truly reliable verification method of a person’s identity thus become the critical point of the security. Thus it requires a hybrid biometric verification method with double authentication of a person’s identity.
High Verification Speed
The laboratories are accessed by more than 300 staffs in a single day, research and development works need to be processed with high efficiency. Thus, an access control system that has a high speed of verification becomes ultimately crucial.
Internally Sealed Network Management
The research and development work requires an extremely high confidentiality, any leakage of the information and data could cause serious consequences. Thus, an internally sealed network management is important to prevent possible security risks and threats.
|System||Device Name||Device Model|
|Access Control Management System||Standalone Access Control and Time & Attendance Terminal with 4-in-1 Fingerprint, Face Recognition, RFID and Password Verifications||MultiBio700|
Software: ZKAccess3.5Technical Features/Solution There are 65 laboratories accesses with approximately 300 persons to manage. Each access is equipped with a MultiBio700 Standalone Terminal. All staffs are biometrically verified by fingerprint or face recognition methods. Some critical accesses requires both fingerprint and face recognition methods to ensure full security. Some other critical accesses require 2-person verification. Access is only granted after both staffs have been biometrical verified to prevent fake login.
Smart Lock Solution for University Accommodation in South Africa
Campus Key, one of our most treasured long-term partners in South Africa, is the leading provider of luxury secure student accommodation.
With properties in prime locations and a dedicated, personalized management style, it is committed to providing students with an excellent service.
Campus Key’s accommodation serves renowned universities in South Africa including Stellenbosch University, Cape Town University, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, North-West University, University of the Free State, University of Pretoria and others.
– End User: Campus Key, South Africa
– Project Site: Stellenbosch and UCT, Cape Town, South Africa
Campus Key regards convenience and security are the most highly prioritized elements for students’ accommodation. Providing the best environment for students with no annoyance and security threats, it requires extra-high security level of access control. Here are the special requirements:
Reliable Verification Methods
To secure the safety and privacy of an accommodation, a reliable authentication method which prevents illegal and improper access, must be deployed. Conventional verification methods including password and card could hardly verify the authenticity of the password or card holders’ identities. Truly reliable verification method of a person’s identity thus become the critical point of the security. Thus it requires a biometric verification method with unique authentication of a person’s identity.
Different Authorities for Different Access
Each building consists of various multi-level suites, each suite has 2 individual student rooms with their own amenities and a shared pantry. Thus students who live in the building shall be authorized with their own biometric identity for access of the building, and authorized with specific rights of their own suite and rooms. – a system that is able to provide multi-door, multi-level access control with students’ customized access rights.
Flexible Registration Setting
The accommodation is designed for university students’ non-permanent living. Each academic semester students move in and out, therefore a system which enables flexible and easy registration and deregistration assists the management of the accommodation.
|System||Device Name||Device Model|
|Biometric Door Lock with Fingerprint, RFID and Password Verifications||L5000|
Technical Features/Solution. Project: UCT 1 and 2
- There are 2 multi-level buildings with various suites. Each suite has a shared door, 2 independent rooms with own amenities, and a shared pantry.
- Each door is equipped with a L5000 Fingerprint Door Lock. Approximately 1,500 units have been deployed.
- All residents?identities of the building are registered, and are eligible to access the gate of the building. Each resident is authorized to have access right of their own suite and pantry. Only residents of their own rooms are eligible to have access to the rooms.
- Management cards are issued to the maintenance staffs with limited access.
- All resident are biometrically verified by fingerprint methods to ensure the authenticity of the identity.
- L5000 is a fingerprint door lock access control with the new generation of ZKTeco fingerprint verification algorithm. It takes easy installation with no wiring needed. It offers fingerprint, password, RFID card and mechanical key verification methods. It verifies fingerprint with an extreme fast speed of less than 1 second, and with extra -large storage capacity to 500 fingerprints.
- Each lock is operated with 4 AA alkaline batteries with no wired power supply needed. With a project that needs a large quantity of locks in fast-track build environment, it is essential to have ease of installation and cost effectiveness. Alarm and status function for low battery and illegal operation are included.
- All access data history can be extracted via USB port and flash disk.
- Registration, deregistration and any change of residents’ authority of access can easily be made by a customized central management software. All locks are managed by the software. No particular changes of setting are necessary to be made on any lock.